Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tulip Festival

Tracy, Paige, Mom, Bob and I drove down to Skagit Valley to go see the tulips. It is about 30 miles south of us. You have to drive a few miles off of I-5 to see the fields. It was so colorful and pretty. We stopped at Roozen Gaarde. This a beautiful garden, all the tulips are labeled and you can order bulbs to be mailed to you for fall planting. My mother ordered over 90 bulbs, so if any of you Juneauites want to help plant come fall, just give her a call.

We loved walking around looking at the different flowers. While walking around we saw a familiar face, Bill Dean of Juneau. He was with a cousin and driving back to Juneau.








The Tulips are beautiful but not as cute as little Paige!











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenda, So glad you got to see the tulip festival...I have heard about it for years!! Just read that you went through Pendleton which means you drove through La Grande, Or..that's were I grew up, graduated from High School and Calvin and I met, married and first three boys were born. Sounds like you are having a great time. Love to keep up with your family.
Barbara

Kim said...

both of your granddaughters are getting big! so cute. thanks for the update. Kim